Monday 21 November 2011

Tales of a Dungeon Master

For a while now, I've been really interested in role-playing games of all kinds.  I've role-played in World of Warcraft for three or four years now and also run Dungeons and Dragons campaigns for at least a year, both online and sitting around a table.  This has yielded some very interesting results considering one of the most interesting things to observe is human interaction and the free-will of players in games.


I'll clear this up right here and now.  I do not follow a rule book.  I do not play any sort of licensed version of Dungeons and Dragons.  All of my campaigns and adventures are completely based on home-grown rules of my own creation as well as plots and story-lines that I have written.


I've never been able to grapple with the numbers and figures in the Dungeons and Dragons campaigns or manuals  perhaps I'm just lazy, but I've also never been good with maths in any size, shape or form making it even harder to get to grips with the rulebooks.


Getting back to the point.  I've decided that if I am to continue blogging it'll have to be about something I enjoy that others could find interesting and these campaigns can sometimes be -hilarious- or at the very least, very interesting.  So, if I can get my act together I'll be posting stories about the many blunders that happen throughout my time as a Dungeon Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment