Monday 28 November 2011

The V List Revisited

Loathing comes easily to everyone.  Let's see what I've chosen to spotlight my death-ray of hatred on this time...


World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandemonium - Now, I know that it must be hard for Blizzard to shower in money every day, washing their hair in liquid gold shampoo and slipping on a pristine black suit but come on, Pandas?
I understand that the Pandaren as a race have existed since the Warcraft RTS series and to be honest, they were totally badass.  The slight problem I have with the entire idea of releasing an expansion revolving around this new race is really the whole "Kung Foo Panda" affiliation.  As I said, I am aware that Pandaren pre-date this film franchise but it still seems a little...odd.  Almost as if Blizzard are somehow aiming themselves at the younger market much more by adding this race instead of something that hasn't been apparently extinct for thousands of years.  I mean, we've had the entire world shattered and the next logical step is...Pandas?  Eh, I think I'll swap to The Old Republic for a while until this all blows over.


The Twilight "saga" - ...This has been covered thousands of times by a myriad of different reviewers and critics, so I'll keep it short.  I loathe the messages that are being hammered into young woman's minds by this shoddy excuse for a "Vampire" story.  I hate the fact that Vampires and Vampire lore have been completely destroyed by this franchise.  If you want to make a sexy being that sparkles, make a new fucking word for it.  How can women like this?  I don't understand what the appeal is.  Eye-candy? A pathetic excuse if ever I heard one.  I mean, sure, Men have exploitation films and games all the time, Dead or Alive for one, but we don't pretend they're anything else -but- exploitation.  This "saga" wants to be taken seriously people! i hope that in ten years the existence of these films will be utterly denied.


Not having super-powers - This is a less serious dislike of mine but every single nerd in the world has wished or at least yearned for super-powers at some point in their life and I'm kind of sick of not having them.  I mean sure, perhaps a few civilisations would fall by my hands if a power-granting anomaly occurred but come on, I'd be a great World Leader...


Creationists - Science exists, get on the Lightsaber band-wagon.


I think this'll do for now, not sure that I'm in the right mind-set to do this too seriously but at least this cheered me up a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment